Tuesday 13 February 2018

Book Club 52 - Week 7/52


"What if your best friend's child disappears - and it's all your fault? This is exactly what happens to Lisa Kallisto, overwhelmed working mother of three, one freezing December in the Lake District. She takes her eye off the ball for just a moment, and her whole world descends into nightmare. Her best friend's thirteen-year-old daughter Lucinda has gone missing and now, devastated by this and publicly blamed, Lisa sets out to right the wrong."

Well as a busy working mum of three I certainly resonated with the main character in this book and the feeling of not quite being good enough and not fully functioning on a cylinders certainly felt familiar!! And I admit I am too guilty of envy at those super mums who seem to have it all together with ample time on their hands to think straight and look perfect!. 

This story was great with lots of twists and turns some of which made me quite cross which actually is a reflection on how well written the story is as it evoked several different emotions and reactions from me throughout having me crying at one point too. Managed to resist re-homing another cat whilst reading this (you'll understand if you're an animal lover and read this book!)  and would definitely recommend it.  As I mentioned last week I have also read "Keep your Friends close" by the same author and was hooked from page one, so another for your book list if you enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment