Sunday 3 March 2019

Calvinball 2019

No photo description available.

So I stumbled across a scrapbooking challenge running throughout the month of March based on the Calvin & Hobbes Cartoon. The rules change every day and require you to incorporate certain items on your scrapbook pages for which you score points.  You also get points for sharing on social media platforms, commenting on fellow designers pages and more. It seemed a little complex to start with but I think I am getting the hang of it now and even made myself a spreadsheet to keep track of all the points you can earn!

Of course the main aim is to get you scrapbooking more and prompt using up your supplies which is all good fun. If you want to search for what people are creating for these challenges use the #calvinball2019

My first two pages are below where I made my own floral paper using stamps, then fussy cut them out and added enamel dots and buttons to the centres. I painted my black stripes on both pages (which was inspired by a page I saw but forgot to pin on Pinterest so I can't now give credit to the amazing designer - if you know please tell me!!) and also added flicks of black paint.


Both titles were cut from a pattern paper (Crate paper I think) and lots more stamping of leaves and flowers directly on to the backgrounds.


As I am taking part in this challenge, plus have two crafty days this month away with friends AND a retreat next month to design and prep for expect lots of crafty blog posts this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment