Monday 2 February 2015

Back blogging and some January crafting

Back in the land of blogging after a tough start to the year with Mum's funeral on the 20th and then her ashes burial on the 24th. I am slowly adjusting to life without her and each day does get easier but the pain of grief when it does hit me is overwhelming.  The children have been wonderful healers giving my plenty of hugs but plenty of time alone too if I need it.

I have found myself looking through lots of older photographs too and printed several off for the memory boards we had at the funeral. It was lovely seeing these prompt memories from family and friends and made me realise I need to get these memories into my Scrapbook albums. Several of my layouts for the February gallery for ATDML have older photos used on them but January I finally scrapped one of my favourite photos from 2014 of young Jamie and his "fake scared" photo from Go Ape. 

(He wasn't at all scared but totally fearless and was faking this face for my camera!)


Having moved my craft room indoors (I had a good clear out) I found several bits and pieces I had forgotten about including these wooden scrabble letters and wooden epic word. I also added some foliage from a faux Christmas tree which I picked up several years ago to use in my December Daily album. Feels good to get them on a page!

Papers used are from My Home Garden collection available HERE on ATDML.

No comments:

Post a Comment