Thursday 29 March 2018

Book Club 52 13/52 Beware of the Past


Described as a gripping crime thriller with a huge twist this book was indeed that...GRIPPING!

I was enthralled with this book and could not have seen the twists coming and you certainly developed strong opinions of the characters as you read along. I did find it hard in places as the lead detective is haunted by a cold case unable to solve regarding a child murderer who targets boys the same age as my youngest. I had to detach myself from these parts of the book and I know it might put some off reading it but it truly was a captivating tale.

I did switch after this to a couple of lighthearted short stories to balance myself back out again (thanks to kindle unlimited I never feel guilty reading some escapism for free!) and next on my list is a book recommended by a friend who has just started a short book club. Totally not something I would probably chose to read myself but we will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment