Friday 13 April 2018

Book Club 15/52 - Good Me, Bad me

New book started this week, a little later in the week than usual due to preparing for my weekend away teaching at the ATDML scrapbooking retreat. This book I have a real copy of grabbed on a recent shopping trip and as I usually read on my kindle this was a treat, but made harder to read on my commute with less space and I can't turn the pages one handed on a crammed train.

The Richard & Judy Book Club thriller 2017 I am obviously late to the game reading this one (So last year!) and thus far it has been captivating if not a little unsettling. It tells the story of an almost 16 year old in foster care in the lead up to being the key witness in her mothers serial killer trial. She has internal monologue conversations about how she misses her mum despite everything and how she's learned certain lessons. The foster sister is of similar age and quite horrid, referring to her as "dads latest project" to her friends at the same school. With a new name and a new family can Annie, now called Milly really have a fresh start when blood is thicker than water?

I haven't quite finished the book yet but Cosmopolitan magazine description of the "new Girl on The Train, which was the new Gone Girl...this psycho-thriller by Ali Land is set to be massive" is so accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment