Friday 26 April 2013

Walk the Walk - not long now


Under three weeks to go until I tackle my second walking marathon, still 26.2 miles, 42km raising money and awareness for Breast Cancer. I am doing a cake sale at work to raise funds next week, having a "buy a mile" event at my local slimming world group and hoping to receive a few sponsors too!

It has been a lot of training, indeed this weekend the longest preparatory walk of 35k is due (I blistered last year at this stage!) but at least the weather has perked up a little and no matter how uncomfortable, tiring or difficult the training gets I know it is nothing compared to what sufferers and their families endure at the hands of the cruel disease that is Cancer.

Every penny counts and so if you are so inclined I would be thrilled to receive your support for this worthy cause. Either pop some cash my way when you next see me & leave your details on my sponsorship form, or pop on line to the just giving page set up for my pal and I who are joint fundraising together as so many people know us both - Team Annielene. Thanks you, and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment