Tuesday 14 January 2014

30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge


Well I didn't quite make a Jan 1st start but I did commence my 30 day Green Smoothie challenge on Jan 4th. Like many of you who have seen them or read about them I thought "yuk!" How can anyone drink something spinach flavoured for breakfast, no matter how healthy it is supposed to be? ,. BUT, and it is a HUGE BUT... they don't taste of spinach!!. Indeed the first smoothie I made was so delicious I wanted to make it again straight after I had finished the first! Don't get me wrong I love spinach, I love fruit and I love (most) veg, but I cannot eat it for breakfast - not even a banana cut up on my cereal or a handful of berries in my muesli, just no! It is too early and I cannot stomach it. But these smoothies I can honestly say I am almost excited to get up and make! I am getting out of bed just those few minutes earlier, prepping the night before to make sure I don't miss out on my treat! and yes I like them that much!

So today I had Banana Berry Blast:
1 cup of Almond milk (I need to find unsweetened next time)
1 banana
1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup spinach

I added a teaspoon of Chai seeds (to keep me fuller for longer), a scoop of vanilla protein powder (to make it last as a breakfast) and another 1/2 cup of almond milk as it was a little too thick. I could have added water, or waited a few minutes as it thinned out once the fruit started to defrost a little - I just needed to be a little patient!! Another tasty success though and I can't wait for tomorrows which contains Coconut milk, lime juice and pineapple - sounds more like a Pina Colada to me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment