Friday 4 January 2019

New 2019 Reading Challenge - Book Club 1/52

After a successful Book Club challenge last year (started by a friend of mine to read 52 books over the course of the year) I thought I would strive to achieve this again in 2019.

So I have started the year with a nice easy romance by Nicole Snow who I read a couple of books by in 2018. I am just over half way through this and am enjoying it so far. 

42868016

Whilst it is a romance book, with a couple of naughty scenes in it, the story line is strong enough that it isn't a "roll your eyes to the back of your head and sigh REALLY" romance book - at least I don't think so. I mean you do kind of know what is going to evolve between the main characters, that bit isn't rocket science, but still worth a read (and free on Kindle Unlimited too).

Here is the book blurb from a fellow reader which I think sums it up better than described on Goodreads.

Olivia (Liv) witnesses a hit right in front of her at her sisters house and runs for her life. Her father places her in the care of Enguard security (more specifically Riker). Riker has a 12 year old daughter Emily who he'd protect with his last breath, family is everything to him. So Liv is placed in his care as his "fiancée". Trying to integrate a woman into his household while protecting her is a major challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment