Wednesday 15 April 2015

Away teaching for ATDML

Well I am back from a lovely weekend away scrapping with the ladies from A Trip Down Memory Lane retreat and boy was it productive. In addition to teaching my two classes (two layouts in each) and a make and take card I managed to complete 21 layouts, a birthday card and 6 bookmarks over the 3 days. It was then straight back to work and head down to study for my forthcoming exams so today is the first day I have allowed myself time to blog!

My first class of last weekend was using Crate Paper Confetti papers and we went old school with some gold embossing to compliment the gold elements in the papers. On the first page there was an interactive pocket which held a tag with some embossing and we also stamped and embossed at the bottom of the page of ticket and paper strips.



The second layout (also featuring my kitten Ronnie) featured a stamped and embossed title and made the most of the subtle journaling lines on the background paper.





I love that these papers already had inky splats and washi tape/masking tape patterns on them, made them really interesting to start with and great for layering up clusters of embellishments that incorporates these designs.

I then closed the weekend with the final class on the Sunday afternoon teaching with Fancy Pants True Friend papers (the colours of which I adore!!)



We made the most of the triangle patterned paper cutting them in half for this page and adding layered sequins on some for added interest.



The second page used a technique I saw on Pinterest to punch out circles and fold four edges in to make a dimensional square pattern. Great with punchy coloured double sided pattern papers!




Plenty more pages to share, several of which I uploaded to my Facebook page and Instagram last weekend but I will blog again with more soon.

In the meantime it is back to the study books for me until the weekend when hopefully I will be able to find some time to join in with the next best thing to a retreat with ATDML, that being an online virtual crop! Pop over to their blog to find out more.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you all today. I understand how you are feeling I lost my Mum 24 years ago and still have some difficult "special" days. I have toasted your Mum with my G&T. RuthXX

    ReplyDelete