Wednesday 10 January 2018

Book Club 52 - Week 2/52

Having finished Unchained Beauty at the weekend I started book 2/52 for the year, a Richard and Judy Book Club pick for 2018 by Cara Hunter called Close to Home.



I do like to read Thrillers now and then and surprisingly go through phases where I only read thrillers (and I think we were blessed with a few fantastic Thriller releases in the last couple of years including Girl on the Train and Gone Girl, both of which I really enjoyed)

This book explores a missing girl and has a Detective lead who tries to figure out the missing pieces. Reviews give it 5 stars and suggest many are instantly hooked! Yes, well that was me and I devoured this book in 48HOURS!! 

I would say at about 90% of the way through the book (thanks kindle for telling me where I was)  I got a sense that the author had rather hurried the last part and that there were a few unanswered aspects. I was feeling a little disappointed but then BOOM, plot twist that had me sitting up and exclaiming WHAAAATT?!!!  So good and bad at the same time. No spoilers, but there is another book featuring the same detective that is released July this year which I'll have as one of my #bookclub52 for sure.

Now to find something more lighthearted perhaps for next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment