Tuesday 6 February 2018

Book Club 52 - Week 6/52


Book 6 which I actually read last week was the Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond, just 99p on Kindle. 

Amazon describes the book as follows:

THE NEW RICHARD & JUDY BOOK CLUB THRILLER AND SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER. 
'A pacey, page-turner of a novel . . . extreme but grippingly thought-provoking'

Would you stake your life on your marriage? Newlyweds Jake and Alice are offered a mysterious wedding gift - membership of a club which promises its couples will never divorce.

Signing The Pact seems the start to a perfect marriage, until one of them breaks the rules.  
The marriage of their dreams is about to become their worst nightmare.

Not my favourite book that I have read so far this year but I can't deny it wasn't thought provoking if not a little strange and mildly disturbing in places! As you will have been able to tell by now I am quite the fan of reading thrillers - but this one, whilst unlike anything I have ready before in terms of the story line, just left me feeling a little flat after I had read it. I would still recommend it as a decent read, just didn't really do it for me.

Another thriller however lined up for next week "Just what kind of mother are you" by Paula Daly which I am looking forward to and was pleased to pick up from the book swap table at work. I have read a different book by this author before I recall it being very good so looking forward to telling you all about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment