Monday 12 February 2018

February ScrapMates Pages

Well we didn't want a valentine theme per se at our crop this month, but I did stick with heart themed pages when designing the classes.

Firstly I scrap lifted a great page from Pinterest by Devra Hunt which can be found here and there is also a link to a cut file but instead of cutting the background paper and then backing with pattern hearts I provided a template to cut out the pattern hearts and stick on to the background. Faux stitching around the edges and drawing a journaling spot direct onto the paper as well as a paper journaling spot changed the look of the page. I also used four smaller photos and not a central photo like in the original. Final difference was my left and right edges of paper pieces and more faux stitching


The second page I scraplifted myself from a page I had done last month for a journaling challenge at Mind the Scrap. Sticking with the heart theme again I marked on the paper where my heart full of journaling would go, along with my photo and then stuck a variety of 1/2" strips of paper across the page leaving the heart open for my words.


A title and a few embellishments (plus my signature border round the edge) finished this page off. So there you have it. A pair of heart themed pages with not a hint of romance in sight!!


No comments:

Post a Comment