Monday 26 February 2018

Book Club 52 - Week 9/52

Week 9 already although I have to confess I am on book 15 for the year and these two were nice quick reads at the start of the month from Heidi McLaughlin and her Beaumont Series.


The first book, Forever my Girl has been made into a 2018 release film as well which I didn't know until I had finished the book and went searching for the second book.

Goodreads synopsis: I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us.

A nice easy read, aimed at young adults I believe but great for escapism, and certainly pleasant enough to make me want to read the second book which is about the drummer and best friend from the first book. The characters were certainly likeable enough to have me wanting to read more.


The second book didn't disappoint either telling the story of falling in love the second time round and my favourite quotes is when the main character, a single dad, is talking to his son about the woman he is falling in love with 

 “I don’t think she likes my tattoos, and I’m very different from her late husband.”  Quinn rolls his eyes. He’s far too smart for his age. “I think your tattoos tell a story, maybe she should learn to read.

Shame I have to wait for book 3 now but rest assured it has already been added to my waiting for release list!

No comments:

Post a Comment